- What's On
- About Us
What to Expect on Sunday Mornings
Most people make their first visit on a Sunday morning
Our aim is that whether you are just looking into Christianity or have been a Christian for many years, you will be encouraged and inspired by the morning. We hope that everyone will draw closer to God.
When to arrive
There are two morning services, starting at 9.15am and 11.15am. On your first visit, if you are coming to the 9.15 service, it’s probably best to turn up just after 9.00. (This will give you plenty of time to find your way in without feeling rushed!) If you are driving, you’ll be glad to know that there’s some free parking in front of our building; otherwise on the High Street or side roads (no restrictions on a Sunday).
If you plan to come to the 11.15am service, you are welcome to join us at 10.45am for tea or coffee before the start of this service.
Whichever service you choose, you’ll be greeted on the door by our welcome team who will give you some information about the church and will help you to settle in.
Both services offer groups for children and young people. The children stay in the main service for the first 25 minutes or so, and then head out to their groups. Please don’t feel uncomfortable if the younger ones are a bit boisterous – we know what children are like(!). There is a well equipped creche in the Upper Room supervised by DBS checked staff.
What to wear
We are an informal church and accept people as they are. People tend to wear smart casual but there is no need to dress up to try and be someone that you’re not. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.
What to expect
For some people going anywhere for the first time can be a bit nerve-racking. To help avoid any worries here’s a quick summary of what you can expect at ChristChurch Banstead:
- First of all we aren’t super-spiritual beings; we all had a ‘first day’ at church, and you’ll find we are a friendly crowd – if you don’t understand something please simply ask.
- We start our meetings at 9.15am and 11.15am – the first part of the services include a mix of songs and special items. The children then leave for their groups after about 25 minutes.
- After the children have left, we continue with songs, prayers, a Bible reading and a message based on the reading that is relevant to our modern lives.
- Every third Sunday morning there is an opportunity to share in communion at the end of the services.
- The services last for about an hour and a quarter, with tea and coffee afterwards. Those attending the 11.15am service are welcome to join us at 10.45 for tea or coffee before the start of this service. The services aim to finish a few minutes before the children's programmes so that there is time to chat to each other before the families go home.
What we believe
We are a Christian church and believe that everyone can come to know God personally. We believe this is possible because of Jesus (God the Son) who invites us to follow Him.
For more details see 'What We Believe' in the 'About us' section.
If you are interested in exploring the Christian faith then please come along on a Sunday or contact the office to ask for a free booklet.
Is it just Sundays?
Absolutely not! God is with us all week long and we aim to lead lives pleasing to Him. We’re not perfect and we do make mistakes, but we want to make a positive difference in everything we do. To help encourage us we have many activities for all ages during the week.
For those with disabilities
We are glad to welcome everyone – if you wish to discuss specific needs please contact the church office. Our premises are wheelchair accessible and we have appropriate facilities. We also have a loop for hearing aid users (switch to the ‘T’ setting).
More details about anything on this page contact the Church Office: